Write a research paper of 1,000-1,200 words on a topic selected in the field of psychology (approval from instructor required).
- Topic Selection and Approval – Topic 1 DQ
- Annotated Reference List – Topic 2
- Final Research Paper – Topic 7
You may consider including the following in your research paper as applicable to the topic selected:
- One psychological perspective or theory and how it relates to the topic selected
- Research methods used to investigate this topic
- Positive and negative components associated with this topic
- Controversies related to the topic and ways to overcome the identified controversies.
Review the GCU Library tutorials for how to use the e-Library, and how to conduct academic research.
Access the GCU Library databases and select three to five scholarly scientific resources (minimum) in support of your content (journal articles from the GCU library). Include your textbook as an additional source. Do not use encyclopedia sources (such as Credo) as resources in a research paper. Please remember “I”, “We”, “You”, and “Your” are not appropriate language for an academic research paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.