In this assignment you will analyze the implications of an ethical issue according to your worldview.
Write a 1,000-1,500-word essay in which you analyze ethical thinking and use values-based decision making to address a case study from the perspective of the Christian worldview as compared to your own worldview assumptions. Choose one case study from the five options listed on “Ethical Dilemmas.”
After an appropriate introductory paragraph with thesis statement, in which you name the scenario you are choosing, address each of the following six sections with at least one paragraph each. Use the underlined titles for each of your heading.
- Ethical Dilemma: Briefly describe the ethical dilemma in your own words, including (a) What in the scenario makes it difficult to make an ethical decision? and (b) Name at least two options for resolving the scenario, providing a brief overview of what sort of ethical decisions each option might make.
- Core Beliefs: What beliefs about God and humanity from the Christian worldview are relevant to the scenario? How might these core worldview commitments of Christians influence one’s decision making with regard to this scenario?
- Resolution: Describe the Christian worldview’s proposal for resolving the ethical dilemma. How should the person in the scenario act, according to the Christian worldview? What is the best course of action for a Christian? (Note: The resolution should be consistent with Christian worldview commitments.)
- Evaluation: What might be the unintended consequences and perceived benefits of the resolution proposed by the Christian worldview?
- Comparison: How does the Christian worldview’s resolution compare to another option?
- Conclusion: Synthesize the main points, pulling the ideas of the paper together.
Use and cite two course resources (textbook, lectures, and the Bible), and at least two scholarly sources that address the issue from opposing sides. You may want to make use of the Opposing Viewpoints in Context database found in the GCU Library.