1. Free ears in dogs are controlled by dominant allele (F), and attached ears are controlled by the recessive allele (f). In addition, Short dogs is due to a dominant allele(S), and long hair is due to a recessive allele (s). Which of the following is the genotype of the dogs with free ears and short hair?
2. A blood sample taken from a patient who has an infection can be expected to show which of the following?
a Elevated white blood cell count
b Elevated red blood cell count
c Reduce red blood cell count
d Reduce White blood cell count
3. Which of the following organs remove nitrogenous waste from the body?
b. Large Intestine
d. Gall Bladder
4. An individual cell is able to make copies of its genetic information but is unable to produce encoded proteins. This indicates a possible problem in the_________________________.
b. Golgi apparatus
5. Which of the following digestive system structures releases amylase?
a. Goblet cells
c. Salivary glands
6. Which of the following functions does the myelin sheath perform for a nerve cell?
b. Sensory perception
7. Which of the following organs is responsible for secretion of the hormone insulin?
b. Thyroid gland
d. Adrenal Gland
8. An increase in which of the following would lead to a decrease in the amount of oxygen in the blood?
a. Inhalation rate
b. Red blood cell count
c. Exercise rate
d. Alveoli surface area
9. Which of the following body system break down proteins into amino acids?
10. Which of the following layers of skin contains the sebaceous glands?
c. Stratum corneum
11. In the image
12. Osteoporosis result from which of the followings?
a. A decline of osteoblast activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
b. A decline of osteoclast activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
c. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
d. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
13. Which of the following occurs in the cardiac cycle if the impulse triggered at the sinoatrial node never close?
a. Diastole will shorten in duration
b. The ventricles will not contract
c. There will be an absence of systole
d. The atria will not contract.
14. Which of the following structures is found in all cells?
a. Cell wall
d. Plasma membrane
15. Which of the following types of cell stimulates other immune cells to attack and destroy?
a. Helper T-cells
b. Plasma cells
c. Cytotoxic T-cell
d. Natural killer cells
16. The process known as gastrulation results in the formation of which of the following
a. Germinal layers
b. Neural crest
c. Coelomic cavities
d. Circulatory systems
17. Which of the followings molecules must undergo replication before cell division can occur?
18. Which of the following structures carriers blood away from the heart?
19. Which of the following demonstrates condensation?
a. Dew drops from on a leaf
b. A water puddle dries up.
c. Water convert to steam
d. Ice form on a pond
20. Of pathogens by phagocytes are nonspecific cell
a. Antibody- mediated immunity
b. The internal aspect of adaptive immune system
c. The internal aspect of the innate immune system
d. Passive immunity