As you have learned in this unit, most people just let their careers happen. They do not plan and pursue the activities needed to make a particular career happen. In addition to researching careers and industries and networking with professionals in those industries, it is important to create a career plan.
Click here to download a template used to create a career plan for your final 2 years at the University (even if you have more than 2 years or fewer than 2 years left):
You will be filling out the following sections:
- Long-Term Goals: What is your ultimate career goal (e.g., I would like to run my own manufacturing company)?
- Short-Term Goals: What is your immediate career goal (e.g., I would like to obtain a position as a production assistant in a medium-to-large manufacturing company)?
- Experience to Date: What current experience do you have that could help you obtain this position/career goal (e.g., college education, past employment, volunteer, special skills)?
- Experience Needed: What additional skills do you need to pursue this position/career goal (e.g., additional education, experience in the industry, training)?
- Activities to Perform to Obtain Needed Experience: What can you do to obtain the experience needed for this position/career goal (e.g., go back to school, volunteer, network)?
- Courses to Take: What courses can you take in your final quarters that could help you obtain this position/career goal (e.g., Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship, Accounting)?
- Tracking Sheet: Record the activities that you have performed and the contacts that you have made in each of the remaining quarters at the University. Note: Because this task is meant to be a recording if things that you have already done, you will need to make up these events (e.g., joined student chapter of APICS, met John Doe, VP of Operations at ABC Company).
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
What is your ultimate career goal was first posted on July 16, 2019 at 12:07 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org