Counseling Case Study
Write an outline of a presentation (not a full presentation) to be given to the teachers that provides guidance on how to address the issue. The point of this outline is to detail how you would approach the task and to identify areas that need to be included when addressing this multicultural conflict.
Minimally you should:
- Define the problem.
- Identify types of information to gather from stakeholders for intervention planning.
- Identify stakeholders with whom you would consult to further explore the issues.
- State what you hope to learn from them.
- Discuss cultural factors that need to be taken into consideration analyzing the issue.
- Identify elements of this case study that are common to all cultural conflicts.
- Analyze how cultural customs can be interpreted or misinterpreted by other cultures.
- Identify culturally sensitive intervention strategies.
- Discuss how you approach the issue and the teachers.
- Recommend strategies to share with teachers on how to increase cultural understanding of the teachers on both sides of the issue.
You may also consider the following questions:
- What are some of the things you need to consider when working with someone who is of a different ethnic or cultural group than you?
- What stereotypes may be present that complicate the conflict?
- What are the barriers to effective communication in this case?
- Is it important to determine which side is right or wrong to solve this problem? Why or why not?
When you have completed the assignment, submit your paper in the assignment area. Then post it as an attachment following the instructions in this unit’s first discussion.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post What are some of the things you need to consider when working with someone who is of a different ethnic or cultural group than you? appeared first on Homework Handlers.
What are some of the things you need to consider when working with someone who is of a different ethnic or cultural group than you? was first posted on August 1, 2019 at 2:03 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org