Approved Topic: Analyze the impact of technology on how health care services are delivered. The impact of technology on employee performance, organizational structure, and management planning may also be considered.
After identifying your topic, choose a health care organization in your
area. This organization may be small or large and may provide single
inpatient health service or multiple outpatient services; it is your
choice. Consider your topic in light of the leadership of this
organization and research the challenges and successes it has faced in
managing operational effectiveness. You are welcome to use as many
research methods as possible to obtain information for your organization
and its managers (e.g., web-based resources, electronic articles, or
personal interviews). The more informed you are, the better prepared you
will be to complete your project.
Finally, develop a management training program that includes relevant guidelines and information to combat the issues identified in the selected topic, as well as recommendations for managers to more effectively lead health care organizations. Your training program should be in the form of a 20 to 25 slide PowerPoint presentation (excluding title and reference slides) that includes comprehensive speaker’s notes (i.e., at least 150 words) for each slide. Utilize at least three to five scholarly sources from the University Library and two to three current, scholarly web sources (total of five to eight references required). All sources must be cited according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your presentation must be engaging and relevant to your audience. Lines of text on a slide will not be sufficient for this project. It should contain at least five images, graphics, and/or multimedia that communicate your training clearly to your audience. For tips on creating an excellent presentation, read this overview.
Creating the Senior Project The Senior Project:
- Must be 20 to 25 PowerPoint slides (excluding title and reference slides) in length. There are 20 content criteria worth a total of 10 points.
- Must include a title slide that contains the following:
- Title of project
- Your name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the project with critical thought in the areas of:
- Organization details
- Challenges and opportunities
- Training program outcomes
- Impact on at least three stakeholder groups involved delineated by cost, quality, and access to service
- Suggested actions
- Must include a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five supporting graphics (images, graphics, and/ or multimedia) are included and relevant communicating the training content (two points).
- Must include speaker’s notes that have evidence of critical
thinking and application (content analysis, synthesis, evaluation)
related to the research methodology used to develop (six points):
- Project content
- Practical and relevant solutions to the organizational challenges/opportunities
- Appropriate evaluation of individual stakeholder groups involved
- Must use at least three to five scholarly sources from the University Library and two to three current, scholarly web sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.