Talent Management Planning and Implementation
The competition of the global marketplace has put a premium on hiring, developing, and retaining employees who are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced (Lockwood, 2006). In order to effectively meet such challenges, talent management planning is necessary to proactively promote forecasting needs, providing opportunities for development, and offering options for filling requirements. However, developing a talent management plan is only the first step, as proper support and implementation of the plan is crucial once it is in place (Lockwood, 2006).
For this Assignment, review the media for this week. Consider various aspects of talent management and personnel psychology introduced throughout this course and how those aspects can be incorporated into an integrated talent management plan for Greenway Inc. Then, consider how you might implement the plan at Greenway Inc.
Develop a talent management plan for Greenway Inc. and describe its implementation. Be sure to outline key plan elements and how performance plays a role in its execution.
In your plan, specifically address the following:
· Talent panels
· Success criteria
· Succession schemes
· Career discussions
· Employee development
Provide an APA reference list and use appropriate APA citations throughout your assignment.
Submit by Day 7 your 4- to 5-page integrated talent management plan.
· Davis, R. A., Flett, G. L., & Besser, A. (2002). Validation of a new scale for measuring problematic Internet use: Implications for pre-employment screening. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 5(4), 331–345. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Jansen, B. J., Jansen, K. J., & Spink, A. (2005). Using the web to look for work: Implications for online job seeking and recruiting. Internet Research, 15(1), 49–66. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Kluemper, D. H., & Rosen, P. A. (2009). Future employment selection methods: Evaluating social networking web sites. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24(6), 567–580. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Nielsen, M. L., & Kuhn, K. M. (2009). Late payments and leery applicants: Credit checks as a selection test. Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 21(2), 115–130. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Posthuma, R. A., Morgeson, F. P., & Campion, M. A. (2002). Beyond employment interview validity: A comprehensive narrative review of recent research and trends over time. Personnel Psychology, 55(1), 1–81. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Aguinis, H., & Glavas, A. (2012). What we know and don’t know about corporate social responsibility: A review and research agenda. Journal of Management, 38(4), 932–968. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Borden, L. W., & Sharf, J. C. (2007). Developing legally defensible content valid selection procedures. In D. L.Whetzel & G. R. Wheaton (Eds.), Applied measurement: Industrial psychology in human resources management (pp. 385-401). Malwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Cascio, W. F., & Aguinis, H. (2008a). 3 staffing twenty-first-century organizations. The Academy of Management Annals, 2(1), 133–165. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Newman, D. A., & Lyon, J. S. (2009). Recruitment efforts to reduce adverse impact: Targeted recruiting for personality, cognitive ability, and diversity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(2), 298–317. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc. (2003). Principles for the validation and use of personnel selection procedures (4th ed.). Bowling Green, OH: Author. Used by permission of Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc.
· U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. (2010). Employment tests and selection procedures. Retrieved from http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/factemployment_procedures.html
· U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (n.d.). Laws & guidance. Retrieved December 3, 2012 from http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/
· U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (2007). Assessment decision guide. Retrieved from http://apps.opm.gov/ADT/ContentFiles/AssessmentDecisionGuide071807.pdf
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2013e). Testing applicants. [Interactive media]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2013d). Performance appraisals [Interactive media]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
LOOK AT THESE WEBSITES
Job Applicants: http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/PSYC/8576/01/mm/greenway/index4.html
Testing Applicants: http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/PSYC/8576/01/mm/greenway/index4.html
Performance Appraisals: http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/PSYC/8576/01/mm/greenway/index10.html
The post Talent Management Planning and Implementation appeared first on Smart Essays.