Please use the outline format in attachment. All sections must be completed accordingly.Document Preview:
Objective of paper
The objective of this paper is to analyze HCA Holdings’ financial statements and other supporting documents in order to identify the company’s strengths and weaknesses. In doing so, this paper will also assess how the company’s overall performance affects its credit worthiness and investment potential.
Summary of findings
Chapter Web Case Solutions
1. Briefly summarize the business description
HCA Holdings is a holding company for HCA (Hospital Corporation of America). HCA owns, manages and/or operates hospitals, surgery centers, diagnostic and imaging centers, radiation and oncology therapy centers, rehabilitation and physical therapy centers, and other facilities across the nation and England. HCA’s general and acute care hospitals provide medical and surgical services, which include inpatient care, intensive care, cardiac care, diagnostic services and emergency services.
2. What is the industry?
HCA Holdings is involved in the healthcare industry.
3. What is the primary sector? Secondary sectors?
4. Select a number of analysts’ ratings. What is your opinion of those ratings? Are they too high or too low?
5. Review and comment on the three most recent news headlines.
6. List the peer companies.
7. For your company and each peer company, list the current sales.
8. For current sales, select the peer weight for your company.
9. For current sales, select the peer aggregate.
10. For current sales, select the peer mean.
11. For current sales, select the peer median.
12. Comment on how dominant your company appears to be in relation to the peer set of companies.
13. Who are the external auditors? What is the date and opinion on the last statement?
Review directors for name, principal occupation, or employment/other business affiliation, age, and director service.
1. Comment on the composition of the directors.
2. List the Board Committees.