Part I: The world is becoming smaller and smaller and when companies look to expand they often look outside their original footprint. Rasmussen Healthcare Systems is looking to expand their system to another state. To help advise Rasmussen on this decision, you will write 4-5 pages that compare and contrast the healthcare reform policies of the state where you reside and another state of your choice. Please keep in mind the position and facility you selected. Make sure to include the following:
- Discuss the purpose of each state’s reform.
- Describe a minimum of three specific examples of similarities and differences in healthcare reform policies in the two states.
- Discuss in detail some of the ethical issues and moral disputes in each state’s reform.
- Discuss your recommendation on whether Rasmussen Healthcare Systems should expand to the second state.
- This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of five credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting).
- Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Example of Potential Useful Websites
Part II: PowerPoint is typically the application of choice when conducting a meeting. There are many philosophies on how to create an effective PowerPoint, so do some research on the dos and don’ts. Then create a professional PowerPoint that you would present to the management team at your location that highlights your research. SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products. Make sure to include the following in your PowerPoint:
- Length of PowerPoint is up to the student.
- Highlight specific policy changes in each state’s reform.
- Highlight each similarity and difference.
- Highlight your final recommendation on whether Rasmussen Healthcare Systems should expand to the other state.
- Use the Notes area on each slide as needed to expand on the key points.
- You may use a free screen capture site such as Screencast-O-Matic to record a video of your presentation. Screencast-O-Matic is a site and program that can perform screen desk and audio capture up to 15 minutes for free, and can be utilized on a Windows or Mac computer. (Note: You can use a similar program if you prefer. Screencast-O-Matic is just one suggestion). Make sure that both your voice and the PowerPoint slides are captured on the video. Your presentation should be 10 minutes or less.
- If you are utilizing the Screencast-O-Matic option, please watch this short instructional video on how to record, upload, and provide your instructor with the web link to your recorded presentation. If you would like to present your PowerPoint document within a live session, please reach out to your instructor for more details.
Your presentation should include an introduction, a concise discussion of each slide, and a conclusion. Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this to the management team at your location. The presentation will be assessed on your overall knowledge of the content, clarity of your voice, pronunciation of words, organization of your presentation, proper recording of your presentation, overall aesthetics and professionalism, and general clarity to your presentation.
Your presentation should be 10 minutes or less. Make sure to address the following:
- Include a link to the location of your live video on the last slide of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this to the management team at your location.
Must be in the paper in APA format:
|Describes a minimum of three examples of similarities and differences in health care reform policies in the two states (10 Max Point Value)|
|Writing is free from spelling and grammar errors. Used proper writing mechanics including proper grammar, sentence structure, transitions, and punctuation (5 Max Point Value)|
|Paper meets minimum 4-page length requirement (10 Max Point Value)|
|Communication:Discuss the purpose of each state’s reform (10 Max Point Value)|
|Information Literacy:Included a properly formatted APA reference page with a minimum of 5 credible sources with 3 being academic. Used proper APA format and included in-text citations for paraphrased or quoted material. (10 Max Point Value)|
|Critical Thinking:Discusses if Rasmussen Healthcare Systems should expand to the second state. (10 Max Point Value)|
|Ethics and Professional Responsibility:Discusses in detail some of the ethical issues and moral disputes in each state’s reform (10 Max Point Value)|
|Communication:Included a PowerPoint highlighting the specific policy changes in each state’s reform/similarities & differences/final recommendation(10 Max Point Value)|
|Communication:In the PowerPoint, used audience specific language, clarity of voice, and pronunciation of words..(5 Max Point Value)|
|Digital Fluency:For the PowerPoint, employ formatting features such as proper use of design themes, transitions, animation, and photos/clipart to produce professional presentation. (10 Max Point Value)|
|Digital Fluency:Used screen capture software such as Screencast-o-matic to record video. Video captured both the student’s voice and PowerPoint Slides. (10 Max Point Value)|