Person-centered therapy uses several interventions to facilitate client change beyond its foundational interventions of unconditional positive regard, reflective listening skills, and a focus on empathy. The role of a person-centered therapist is one of a “partner” or “equal” who sets the conditions whereby clients can reach within themselves and change their lives, bringing their “real” and “ideal” selves closer together. However, beyond setting these conditions, there are interventions that person-centered psychologists use to facilitate client change. In this Discussion, you research and evaluate these interventions with respect to their effectiveness at facilitating positive client change.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the journal article, “The Phoenix of Empirically Supported Therapy Relationships: The Overlooked Person-Centered Basis.” Focus on Rogers’ “necessary and sufficient” therapeutic conditions.
• Review the journal article, “Showing Clients the Doors: Active Problem-Solving in Person-Centered Psychotherapy.” Pay particular attention to applying a problem-solving approach within a person-centered framework.
• Review the basic tenets of person-centered therapy.
• Conduct a brief (2–3 articles) literature search for person-centered psychotherapy interventions that facilitate positive client change.
• Select one intervention and evaluate its empirical support. Think about how person-centered theory draws from or contributes to evidence-based practice.
With these thoughts in mind:
write a description of one intervention specific to person-centered theory. Include an analysis of the intervention’s empirical support. Is the intervention tailored toward specific populations or problems?
no more than 400 words
The post Psychotherapy Interventions Unique To Person-Centered Therapy appeared first on Smart Essays.
Order a similar paper and get 15% discount on your first order with us
One Freelance Limited: a professional writing service that provides original papers. Our products include academic papers of varying complexity and other personalized services, along with research materials for assistance purposes only. All the materials from our website should be used with proper references.