This discussion question meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.a. Theories and models of counseling.
1. What are your personal assumptions about: How do people develop the kinds of psychological distress that bring them to counseling? What constitutes “good mental health” or “a good life?” How do people change, grow emotionally, develop better coping mechanisms, or change destructive behaviors?
2. Some might argue that a therapist’s theoretical orientation is irrelevant in the counseling process, and that only client outcomes matter. Others might argue that specific factors common across models of therapy-not specific theory or an approach endorsed by a counselor create a positive outcome. What do you think? Why?
3. According to Adler, what is the difference between biological and psychological birth order? Describe how Adler’s theory of psychological birth order (the family constellation) shapes the family member.
4. While there are many neoanalytic writers, they can be divided into two general categories. Some are objective positivist thinkers while others are relativistic/constructivist thinkers. Philosophically, what is the difference among objective positivist neoanalytic writers and relativistic/constructivist neoanalytic writers?
5. Do you think it is possible to combine client-centered and existential approaches in therapy? Why or why not? Explain what a combined approach might look like.
6. Could you be genuine, accepting, and empathic with all clients? What types of problems or clients would present problems for you in terms of being genuine, accepting, and empathic? How would you work with clients with whom you did not feel these three conditions?
7. What types of populations and diagnostic mental health categories would be most inclined to use REBT and behavioral theories? Why?
8. What are the issues of individual and cultural diversity a counselor must consider when using REBT and behavioral theories?
Each Question has to be answer with 150-250 words and a cite. Also must Pass TURN IT IN WITH LESS THAN 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Each question has to be answered by themselves and not in a paper form!!!
The post Psychology Questions appeared first on Smart Essays.