P.A.T.C.H. Assessment (10%).
- The P.A.T.C.H. (Pretest for Attitudes towards Computers in Health care) is available to complete and score online at http://nursinginformatics.ca/patch/index.php. To begin, register an account, and then click on the P.A.T.C.H. title link. Complete the survey, and then compare your final score with the interpretation chart. Remember to write down your score before you close the site.
- On the same website, they also have a printable version with a second part of the P.AT.C.H. This assignment is designed for you to assess your competency in nursing informatics and available technologies. Take a few minutes now to assess your level of computer literacy that is available at the following link: http://nursing-informatics.com/niassess/PATCH_PersonalPlan_v3.pdf
- If you are unable to use the following links provided, a copy of the P.A.T.C.H. is available under the “Assignment” tab on bbl course menu.
- Complete the self-assessment of your informatics competencies and submit the following via the Assignments on BBL. Write 2-3 paragraphs on the following:
- Your final score on the P.A.T.C.H. and interpretation of score based on the Interpretation Chart. A short evaluation of your score and whether you agree with the score or not. Why or why not.
- Type out a plan of action that includes five short-term goals (i.e., within the next 5 years) to help develop your desired level of computer literacy in the applications of your choice – focus on the ones that interest YOU.
- Use APA, include a cover sheet