Unit 5:This assignment is also in 2 Parts- A discussion & a Project
Although theoretically a researcher conducting a phenomenological inquiry could establish hypotheses to predict the structure and features of phenomena being explored, this approach would not follow the “bracketing” method suggested by Husserl. What are the advantages of either using hypotheses to predict phenomena or bracketing to explore such phenomena? Are these two approaches mutually exclusive? If so, why?
Heidegger’s concept of fallenness was appropriated by philosophical Christian theologians such as Karl Jaspers as a way of explaining the relationship between reality and our fallen condition as humans. Jaspers, in particular, implied that objectivity resulting from the scientific method could not explain all human knowing. Indeed, modern psychological inquiry into religious experience has shown that such experience may be personal by nature, not easily reduced to delineated objects of science. Does this perspective, namely, the subjective nature of personal religious experience, align well with both descriptive and interpretative approaches to phenomenology? Why or why not?
10 Strategic Points Qualitative Study Extraction
In the prospectus, proposal, and dissertation there are 10 strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. These points, which provide a guide or vision for the research, are present in almost any research study. The ability to identify these points is one of the first skills required in the creation of a viable doctoral dissertation. In this assignment, you will identify and evaluate 10 strategic points in a published qualitative research study.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the Vangilder dissertation.
- Locate and download “Modified 10 Points Template.”
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- APA style is required for this assignment.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Using the “Modified 10 Points Template,” identify each of the 10 strategic points in this qualitative dissertation.
Complete the “Evaluation” section of the template by addressing the following questions (250-500 words) with regard to the 10 strategic points in the study:
- Discuss the key points in the literature review and how the author used this section to identify the gap or problem addressed in the study.
- Describe the phenomenon under study and how it is a key component in this qualitative research study.
- Describe the problem and how it informed the research questions under study.
- Describe the qualitative design used and why it is appropriate for the identified problem and research questions. Support your response with a peer-reviewed citation from a research source.
- Assess the appropriateness of the instruments used to collect data and answer the research questions as well as to address the stated
6. An Examination of Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis
Oxley, L. (2016). An examination of Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA). Educational & Child Psychology, 33(3), 55-62.
7. Phenomenology and the Practice of Science
Giorgi, A. (2010). Phenomenology and the practice of science. Existential Analysis: Journal of The Society For Existential Analysis, 21(1), 3-22.
8. The Descriptive Phenomenological Psychological Method
Giorgi, A. (2012). The descriptive phenomenological psychological method. Journal of Phenomenological Psychology, 43(1), 3-12. doi:10.1163/156916212X632934
The post Phenomenology Case Study appeared first on Smart Essays.