Objective: Write a 2-3 page college-level paper in APA format, in which you analyze one scientific, peer reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the
surrounding community and/or society as a whole.
CRITERIA FOR JOURNAL ARTICLE CRITIQUE
· Article topics must be selected from topics within the discipline of psychology.
· More information on topic selection/assignment will be provided by your instructor.
The journal article…
· must be current.
· must come from professional, scientific journals.
· must be a research article (MUST HAVE SECTIONS LABELED “METHODS”, “RESULTS” &
· Specific guidelines are listed on the next page.
· Any further details will be provided by your instructor.
· You must use APA format. The format directions can be found on the following web site:
· APA format requirements include a cover page, reference page, in-text citations, etc.
· PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. All information must be stated in your own words.
STRUCTURE OF JOURNAL ARTICLE CRITIQUE
· Introduction (PURPOSE: to educate the reader on the topic/concept)
o will define topic and other key terms
o will include symptoms, statistics of occurrence and current information in the field
· Main body (PURPOSE: to explain the research conducted in the article)
o will state what you found in the journal article
§ HYPOTHESIS or PURPOSE:
· What were the researchers trying to discover (i.e. what was the hypothesis or
o This is usually found at the beginning of the article. Usually the hypothesis
or statement of a problem appears at the end of the review of the literature,
most often in the last or next to last paragraph. The words that indicate that
it is a hypothesis are, “We will examine. . .” or “Our hypothesis is . . .” In a
statement of a problem, the researcher may say, “We plan to see if a
relationship…,” “We proposed to observe…,” or “The problem we proposed
to study…” (You must use your own words—do NOT use quotes).
· How was the research conducted (research design or type of study)?
o Is the research descriptive (case study, naturalistic observation, laboratory
observations, surveys, tests), correlation, experimental, or developmental?
For more information on research methods, refer to chapter 1 of your text.
· When and where the research was conducted?
· How long did the study take?
· Who were the participants? (number [N], age, sex, criteria to be a part of study)?
· What did the researchers actually find in relation to their hypothesis/purpose?
o ARTICLE MAY STATE: The researchers found that . . .
· What limitations did the researchers reveal?
· Summary/conclusion (PURPOSE: to show critical thinking in regards to the research)
o How does the information in the article integrate with information from class discussion, the text,
and/or other information in the discipline?
§ TIP: It is a good idea to use the subject index in your text to look up the topic in your text.
o What is your opinion of the research findings?
§ EXAMPLE: was this research well done or not and why?
o Why is this topic/research important? (relevance/benefits to community and/or society)
§ EXAMPLE: A conclusion to a study that suggests a new therapy/treatment for children with
ADHD might help the child struggling to perform successfully in school, which then improves
her confidence, her relationship with her parents, siblings, and classmates. Write about the
implications of this new treatment.
o In what ways does this topic relate to your own personal experience and how is your experience in
agreement or disagreement with the outcome of this study?
o How has your opinion of this topic changed since your review of the study?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Objective: Write a 2-3 page college-level paper in APA format, in which you analyze one scientific, peer reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the surrounding community and/or society as a whole. appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Objective: Write a 2-3 page college-level paper in APA format, in which you analyze one scientific, peer reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the surrounding community and/or society as a whole. was first posted on July 30, 2019 at 12:38 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org