The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess an actual case client named L who is presenting certain psychosocial problems (which would be diagnosed using Z codes).
To prepare: Use a differential” diagnosis process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in “The Case of L” (ATTACHED) to determine if the case meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis.
Submit a 5- to 7 page paper in which you:
1. Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
2. Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
3. Identify 2–3 of the close differentials that you considered for the case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
4. Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
5. Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
6. Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
7. Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
8. Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
The post Mental Health Diagnosis Of Disorder appeared first on Smart Essays.
Order a similar paper and get 15% discount on your first order with us
One Freelance Limited: a professional writing service that provides original papers. Our products include academic papers of varying complexity and other personalized services, along with research materials for assistance purposes only. All the materials from our website should be used with proper references.