You are the compliance manager of a medium sized hospital in a suburban neighborhood. Your facility is a medical surgical facility providing care for the community. Your facility has hospitalists employed and grants privileges to physicians in the community.
Using MS PowerPoint as a presentation tool, prepare an informational report about the case from the following article http://www.aafp.org/fpm/2003/0300/p29.html
Choose one reason “doctors get sued” from the article above and let this be the basis of your presentation.
- Add speaker notes to your presentation
discussing how your theme choice impacts physician decision-making in creating
a patient healthcare plan.
- In other words, explain how physician liability concerns relate to your topic choice.
- As you explain these concerns, include how the regulatory environment in which providers operate at times can hinder the ability for a provider to do what is necessary for patients. Provide an example or scenario illustrating these limitations.
- Further, address the cost to the facility in addressing such concerns.
- Lastly, provide solutions to your chosen reason for being sued.Requirements Your presentation should include, but is not limited to, the following:
- A minimum of 20 slides including a title page and reference page(s).The title slide should include the title, your name, and the date you are submitting the presentation.
- b. Use Chapter 3 on negligence to support the information in your presentation.
- References should be APA style.