Final Project: Addiction Assessment and Intervention Plan
For your Final Project, you will apply the information you have learned in this course to critically analyze a case study and develop an Assessment and Intervention Plan based on it. Your Final Project must explain the choices you made in your plan and be supported with scholarly references from peer-reviewed literature and your course text. The case study for your project will be selected by you from published media (literature or film). The subject of the case study should be at least 16 years of age, and meet criteria for a substance-related or addictive disorder. You can find the full instructions for the Final Project document is attached. I would choose Denzel Washington in “Flight”.
This is taken from the template:
Overview of the Client
In this section, you should provide an overview of the client using the biopsychosocial model. Included should be biological predispositions, family influences, cultural considerations, and other systemic factors as applicable. It is suggested that you have at least one paragraph each for the above areas. These paragraphs should review the research related the areas, and then apply back to the client/case.
Please do not just summarize the character/client here. Give me content that I couldn’t read or watch about this case. You should include RESEARCH related to biology, family, culture, etc. How do these interact with addiction? Think back to early weeks of the course where we covered these issues. Review the research and then link it back to the case. You need to demonstrate some insight here, don’t just review the movie, book, etc.
If you have questions about this, please let me know. All sections of the paper should work this way….interaction between research and the case.
I am going to post a few ideas for the case study here that have been compiled by some faculty members. This list is not exhaustive. You may also use a character from television. I am also going to attach a template for the final project. You do not have to use this template, but I suggest you consider it for organization or your paper, consideration of what should go into the sections, etc. Please note, your final paper should not provide a summary of the movie/book that you select. You will only be using the character as the case study and the rest should flow from that. Please take some time to look over the assignment and ask questions in advance of the due date. You can post your questions in the Contact the Instructor Tab as the answer might benefit your peers. The rubric is essential to follow for this assignment!
“The case study for your project will be selected by you from published media (literature or film). The subject of the case study should be at least 16 years of age, and meet criteria for a substance-related or addictive disorder.
· The alcoholic brother (Jim Carrey) in Doing Time on Maple Drive (1992)
· Denzel Washington’s character in Flight (2012)
· Steve Buscemi’s character in Trees Lounge (1996)
· Nicolas Cage’s character in Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
· either of the main character’s in Smashed (2012)
· Sandra Bullock’s character in 28 Days
· Michael Keaton’s character in Clean and Sober (1988)
· Meg Ryan’s character (Alice Green) in When a Man Loves a Woman (1994)
· list that might be helpful: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls050657088/
· Characters have been used from TV such as Nurse Jackie, House, Breaking Bad, etc.
· Beautiful Boy – good which is also now a movie on Amazon Prime
- Van Wormer, K., & Davis, D. R. (2018). Addiction treatment: A strengths perspective (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
- Chapter 2, “Historical Perspectives” (pp. 51-87)
- Chapter 13, “Public Policy” (pp.507-532)
The post Final Project: Addiction Assessment and Intervention Plan appeared first on Smart Essays.