Chapter 14 Text Assignment
Please type your name at the top of the document. Please type your answers in Red and save your completed document on your computer. Then, submit the completed assignment as per the instructions outlined on Canvas.
Please construct an essay that addresses the following components of stress as it relates to your personal life:
1. Explain the various stressors or sources of stress in your life. Which are eustress and which are distress? Are the stressors related to frustration or conflict? What daily hassles do you deal with and how might those affect your stress levels relative to others? Are your stressors acute and situational, or chronic?
2. Describe the role the autonomic system plays in affecting your physiological response to stress.
3. Describe how the Endocrine System may be affecting you in your response to stress. Note any vulnerabilities you may have with regard to stress related illnesses. When might you be most vulnerable to illness in relation to stress?
4. What are some effective ways to manage stress?
5. Do you maintain an internal or external locus of control, and why do you draw that conclusion?
6. Is your preferred approach to stress emotion focused or problem focused, why?
7. How might biofeedback help you, or someone you know, positively manage their stress response?
8. Are you at risk of burnout, and what can you do to prevent it?
9. Do you display tendencies toward a Type A or Type B Personality, and how might that be related to your stress levels?
10. Do you use drugs or alcohol to cope with stress and how might that impact your long term health?
11. Do you, or someone you know, display any symptoms of PTSD, and what steps could you take to help with that?
12. Please be sure to use key terms throughout your essay, including their definitions and application to your own life especially for the following concepts:
stress hassles frustration
conflict stressor stress response eustress distress HPA
internal locus of control external locus of control GAS
Sympathetic Nervous System Social Readjustment Scale cancer
heart disease Helicopactor Pylori Ulcers hardiness
healthy psychology PTSD biofeedback
Happiness Optimism Self Efficacy
The post Explain the various stressors or sources of stress in your life. Which are eustress and which are distress? Are the stressors related to frustration or conflict? What daily hassles do you deal with and how might those affect your stress levels relative to others? Are your stressors acute and situational, or chronic? appeared first on Smart Essays.