Follow the instructions in “PSY-452 Exercise #2 Non-Experimental Designs Instructions” for the successful completion of this assignment.
To better understand the concept of non-experimental designs, be sure to read all the assigned readings for this module before beginning the assignment:
1) For this assignment, you will watch three television shows from the genres listed below and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show.
2) You will watch shows from the following genres:
a) Situation comedy
3) First, use the following definition of violence for this exercise:
a) “The overt expression of physical force (with or without weapon) against self or other, compelling action against one’s will on pain of being hurt or killed, or actually hurting or killing. Must be plausible and credible; no idle threats, verbal abuse, or comic gestures with no credible violent consequences. May be intentional or accidental; violent accidents, catastrophes, acts of nature are included” (Williams, Zabrack, & Joy, 1982, p. 366.)
1) On the Tally Sheet template below, tally the number of times you see the mode of aggression on the selected program.
a) Rate the overall violence using a 5-point scale from 1 (not at all violent) to 5 (extremely violent).
2) Collapse your data within each program category.
3) Determine the mean rate of acts per program hour for each modes of aggression.
4) Determine the overall mean violence rating for each category.
5) Your instructor will assist you as to how to analyze the final data.
6) Write up a brief study (250-500 words) about what you discovered in this content analysis. Copy and paste the Tally Sheet below and include it in your study.
7) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
8) Submit the assignment as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 3.
The post Exercise #2: Non-Experimental Designs appeared first on Smart Essays.