Masters level assignment
Based on the framework laid out in your lesson, you are to critically analyze an enacted INDIANA policy. This should be something you have seen show up in the news, an issue you are interested in, or a policy that could have direct impact on your life. It can be anything so long as it has been voted on by your state’s legislative branch, has been approved by the executive office, and has been signed into law. To make your work a little easier, you’ll likely want to choose something that has had media/public attention and is a broad enough issue that you can find scholarly sources to provide background information. Some examples of state issues include: fracking, legalization of medical marijuana, mental health services, state budget and spending, etc.
In this 5-7 page analysis you should:
· Establish the history of the issue
· Identify the major policy concepts/contexts
· Identify the stakeholders
· Review the development and implementation of the policy (what was the policymaking process?)
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the policy and its ability to meet stated goals (if possible)
· Provide an analysis with recommendations for improving or modifying the policy (be sure to include your recommendations for adjustments, expansion or alternatives)
· Situate your analysis in the contemporary policy literature.
Make sure you draw from the lesson and relevant PA journals. A list of good online journals is available in our online library. You should incorporate at least 4 scholarly journal sources. Remember that the content must be 5-7 pages (excluding title page and references) .
Due Feb 1st