Current Topics in Nursing Informatics
Each student in this course possesses a unique background and skill set. Drawing from your own career and experiences, identify a current information-technology-related problem or opportunity for improvement.
- Explain the scope of the problem using both anecdotal and evidentiary information to “build your case”
- Once you have identified and explained the problem, propose a solution or series of steps to be taken in order to improve the situation
- Your recommendations for improvement may include design and utilization of new technology or perhaps upgrades to that which already exists
- Be creative in your approach
- Explain how the changes will benefit nursing and improve patient outcomes
- Topics for discussion may include (but are not limited to): legal ramifications of information technology/systems, ethical considerations in information technology, redundancy in documentation, ease of use and navigation in chosen operating system, or the use of data to improve health outcomes
- Approach this assignment as though you are the advanced-practice informatics nurse responsible for convincing others that a change is needed and then moving forward with planning, implementation, and evaluation of the project
Use language that reflects the proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and word choice. Make sure the paper is well organized, using headings throughout to guide the reader.