|Plant Name||alstroemeria||iris||Tulip or lily|
|Monocot or dicot?|
2. Which structure, the endosperm or embryo, contains starch?
3. What resemblance do you see between the ovary cross section of the lily flower and the cross section of the tomato?
4. Obtain a pea pod, which is also a fruit. If the pod is a fruit, is it simple, aggregate, multiple, or accessory?
5. What floral structures were the “peas” inside the pea pod?
|Plant Name||Fruit Type||Dispersal Method|
7. Distinguish between pollination and fertilization in a flowering plant.
8. Does pollination take place before or after fertilization?.
9. Cross-pollination is more favorable than self-pollination for most plants. Why is this so?
10. What are the advantages of seeds being in a dried-out state while they are lying in the soil?
11. Define imbition.
12. Why is it necessary for a seed to absorb water before it can germinate?