Role models are sources of inspiration for your leadership style. The ways in which your role models approach their responsibilities and conduct their activities shows you how you might lead and what choices you might make as a leader.
Consider the success stories behind one of your role models—perhaps a family member, favorite teacher, youth group leader, a successful co-worker, or an inspiring community leader.
• Tell us who this role model is and what position/title they hold.
• Tell us a brief “success story” associated with your role model. (For example, “hired an entirely new nursing staff in one month’s time” or “empowers staff to present one new idea at each monthly staff meeting”)
• Reflect on the success story that you selected and identify one or two challenges that your role model may have encountered prior to accomplishing his or her “success story”.
• Identify two reasons why your role model may have been successful despite the potential challenges that you identified.
• Discuss how you might use your insights about your role model’s “success story” to enhance your future career as a healthcare manager.