in Week Two, you chose a special population to observe and design an exercise program for. In Week Four, you set up a time to observe your chosen special population participating in some form of physical activity or exercise, and this week, you will complete the observation hours. Some suggestions include observing heart patients in a cardiac rehab program, patients with lung disease in a pulmonary rehab program, elderly participating in an activity at a nursing home, older adults working out at a Zumba Gold session, youth in an after school program, women working out at Curves, or pregnant women in a yoga class. There are many facilities that work with special populations that can provide you with an opportunity to observe them and learn about this special population. You need to observe the special population for a minimum of two hours. After completing your observation hours, post your experience in the discussion, addressing the following areas:
- Describe the special population you observed (i.e., pregnant women, heart disease patients, elderly, obese etc.).
- Explain where you went to observe the special population.
- Compare and contrast how this special population’s condition compromises their health compared to healthy individuals.
- Explain the physiological and psychological benefits of exercise specific to this special population. (For example, if you chose to observe patients with heart disease, explain the chronic physiological benefits for the cardiovascular system from regular exercise)
- After observing this special population, elaborate on whether or not you would like to work with this group in your future career. Explain why or why not.
Support your work with your course text and at least one additional scholarly source. Your initial post should be at least 250 to 300 words in length.