Please follow this Instruction;
Compare a grand nursing theory and a middle-range theory provided. Write an 8–10 page comparison paper based on these theories.
Based on the reading assignment (McEwen & Wills, Theoretical Basis for Nursing.
After studying and analyzing the approved theory, write about this theory, including an overview of the theory and specific examples of how it could be applied in your own clinical setting.
For the Grand theory I chose Virginia Henderson. Henderson believed that “the unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to a peaceful death) that he would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge. And to do this in such a way as to help him gain independence as rapidly as possible” (Henderson, 1991, p. 21).
For the Middle- range theory I chose Ruland and Moore (1998) the theory of the peaceful End of Life from standards of care for terminally ill patients.
Please compare these 2 theories by following instruction below
The following should be included:
1. An introduction, including an overview of both selected nursing theories
2. Background of the theories
3. Philosophical underpinnings of the theories
4. Major assumptions, concepts, and relationships
5. Clinical applications/usefulness/value to extending nursing science testability
6. Comparison of the use of both theories in nursing practice
7. Specific examples of how both theories could be applied in your specific clinical setting
10. References: Use the course text and a minimum of three additional sources, listed in APA (6th ed) format
The paper should be 8–10 pageslong. It should be typed in Times New Roman using 12-point font, and double-spaced with 1″ margins. APA format must be used, including a properly formatted cover page, in-text citations, and a reference list. The proper use of headings in APA format is also required.
I also provide and an example of the paper in the upload file, please see attached.