Case Study Assignment Instructions
This assignment is designed to help you make application of course content to a counseling situation. In this assignment you will have the opportunity to think through a clinical case, identify and prioritize key issues involved, consider and clarify relevant diagnostic issues, and formulate treatment recommendations that are most likely to be helpful to the client. This assignment will directly apply to your work with clients when you begin practicum.
American Psychiatric Association (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-5 (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Association Publishing. ISBN: 9780890425558.
Kring, A. M., Johnson, S. L., Davison, G., & Neale, J. (2018). Abnormal psychology: The science and treatment of psychological disorders (14th ed.). John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 9781119456230.
· APA: pp. 123–188
· Kring et al.: ch. 5
For this assignment you will:
1. Read the assigned case study.
2. Determine the key issues presented.
3. Provide diagnostic impressions based upon the DSM-5. Include the ICD-10 codes and full name of each diagnosis.
4. Develop treatment recommendations.
You will need to use the Case Study Template for each Case Study.
Diagnostic impressions: you need to consider other disorders in addition to the main disorder. You will provide a rationale for your diagnostic impressions using the criteria from the DSM-5. You will also be including reasons for ruling out certain disorders. Be sure to consider theories of normal and abnormal personality development, and systemic and environmental factors that affect human development, functioning, and behavior. The goal is to present, in writing, the basis for your diagnostic impressions.
Treatment recommendations: consider the biopsychosociospiritual aspects of the case. Make sure your recommendations are relevant to the case, able to be implemented by the client, and have some basis of support from 2–3 references from professional literature. Also, consider essential interviewing, counseling, and case conceptualization skills. In addition, ensure that you have included evidence-based counseling strategies and techniques for prevention and intervention for this client.
· Each case study is to be a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 pages in length. This excludes the title page and reference page
· Use current APA format. This assignment does not require an abstract.
· This assignment should include 2-3 resources from peer reviewed journals or professional literature. This can include one textbook reference. All resources need to be less than 10 years old.
Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
The post Case Study: Diagnostic impressions: you need to consider other disorders in addition to the main disorder appeared first on Smart Essays.