A research team wanted to determine if there is an association between an artificial sweetener and developing bladder cancer. They randomly selected individuals into the exposure group (Healthy individuals that consume artificial sweetener in diet soda; 1 L/day) and compare them to a randomly selected control group (Healthy individuals that do not consume artificial sweetener; 1L/day). They followed the subjects for a period of time 10 years. The data are summarized in the table below.
Table 2. Artificial Sweetener and Bladder Cancer
|Developed Bladder Cancer||Did Not Develop Bladder Cancer|
|Consume Artificial sweetener||75||325|
|Do Not Consume Artificial sweetener||50||350|
- What is the null hypothesis equation for this experiment?Answer: ___________
- What is the value of n for each group?
- What statistical test would you use?
A 2 proportion z-test
C Relative Risk
D 2 sample t-test
Answer: ___________ Risk
- Based on the statistical test you chose, do you accept or reject the null hypothesis at P=0.05? Please paste your data output file in the area belowAnswer: ___________
- What is the 95% confidence interval for this experiment?
- What is the power of this statistical test? Please paste your data output file in the area below
- Assuming that the expected relative risk and expected proportion in unexposed controls remained the same, how many samples are needed to achieve a power level of 0.80? Please paste your data output file in the area below
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Artificial Sweetener and Bladder Cancer appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Artificial Sweetener and Bladder Cancer was first posted on July 30, 2019 at 11:25 am.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org