Professional Nursing Organization and Certification:
Guidelines (Certified Diabetes Educator) a future position I am aspire to be. Please use the Certified Diabetes Educator to complete assignment.
Complete the form below provided carefully providing all the information requested
The purpose of this assignment is to investigate a professional nursing organization that offers certification in an area of clinical or nonclinical expertise. You are to select a professional nursing organization and determine if it offers a certification that will be of benefit to you in your current position or a future position to which you aspire. The organization and certification may be in either a clinical or nonclinical area; however, leadership development opportunities are important.
For example, you may aspire to be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Or, you may be currently interested in becoming a Certified Wound Care Specialist, Emergency Department Nurse or Medical-Surgical Nurse. Other organizations may be considered on a case-by-case basis AFTER approval from your instructor. An example would be if you want to become a CDE). This certification is sponsored by the American Association of Diabetes Educators which is not exclusively a nursing organization. Or, becoming certified as an IBCLC may be of interest to RNs working in Mother-Baby Departments and is sponsored by the International Lactation Consultant Association.
The organization MUST offer certification for registered nurses. If you have any questions about whether the organization is a fit for this assignment, contact your instructor.
You will complete the form provided in Doc Sharing carefully providing all the information requested.
This assignment enables you to meet the following course outcome(s).
CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO #2)
CO 6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO #7)
CO 8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO #8)
- Review the following (or similar) website and selects a professional nursing organization offering a certification of interest to you in your current position or one to which you aspire. www.nurse.org/orgs.shtml
- Thoughtfully and completely answer the questions on the form.
- Submit the form with your answers
- All work must be original (in your own words)
- BTLS, ACLS, ATLS, NALS, PALS and other similar certifications do NOT qualify for this assignment. Again, if you have any questions about the organization or the certification, contact your instructor for clarification.
- All work must be original (in your own words). Simply copying and pasting information from the website is not sufficient to address the criteria, and may be viewed as a violation of the Academic Integrity Policy.