Application of Nursing Theory to Practice (graded)
You are a professional nurse caring for Mr. R, a 58-year-old patient who recently underwent surgery for colon cancer resulting in a temporary colostomy. Select one of the assigned or unassigned nursing theories from our textbook and address the following:
- How you would provide professional nursing care for Mr. R. using the theory you have selected. Be sure to use terminology from the selected nursing theory to explain your interventions.
- Relate application of legal and/or ethical standards to this case study.
Hood, L. J. (2014). Leddy & Pepper’s conceptual bases of professional nursing (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
· Chapter 1: pp. 13–14 and 22–28
· Chapter 3: pp. 67–72
· Chapter 6: pp. 126–129, 134–135, and 136–138
· Chapter 12: pp. 298–302
Optional readings from Hood:
· Chapter 12: pages 297–321
Other Required Readings (located in Webliography):
· Massachusetts Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies: Slides 13–16
· AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education: pp. 26–29
If you selected the competency of Professionalism for your Professional Paper, click HERE to this article for your Professional Paper Worksheet and Professional Paper.
You are expected to read the Lesson for Week 7. It contains information that applies to your graded discussion