Unit 5 Assignment: Ability Assessment Evaluation
Select an existing Ability Test and discuss the possible sources of error that may be inherent in this instrument. Explain why some sources of error are likely to be larger than others for your selected test. Along with the text, and the two articles listed below, locate an additional two peer reviewed journal articles. (5 total references)
The (2) articles below are accessible through the following Library links. Respond to the corresponding questions in an essay format; summarize the salient validity issues in each article.
Maydeu-Olivares, A., Coffman, D. L., Garcia-Forero, C., & Gallardo-Pujol, D. (2010). Hypothesis testing for coefficient alpha: An SEM approach. Behavior Research Methods, 42(2), 618. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/central/docview/347860499?accountid=34544
1. Describe at least three (3) different situations these researchers used to test their hypotheses.
2. Discuss why the authors attribute the assumptions of normal and asymptotically distributions.
Streiner, D. L. (2003). Starting at the Beginning: An Introduction to Coefficient Alpha and Internal Consistency. Journal of Personality Assessment, 80(1), 99-103. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9243124&site=eds-live
1. Why did this author caution the use and interpretation of the Cronbach’s alpha?
2. What are four myths that underlie a researcher’s use of alpha to estimate reliability?
Miller and Lovler (2016) recommended four websites for psychological test databases, refer to (page 30) of your textbook.
Note: Find a test measuring a construct in your area of interest for the Ability Test; do not purchase a review of any test. You will use the websites to look up the name and brief description of a test and then conduct further research on your own about this test.
The assignment should include the following:
· Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
· Be a minimum of seven pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).
|Grading Rubric Unit 5 Assignment|
|Addresses each of the following areas using appropriate references to course materials:|
|Student is able to identify an Ability test instrument and synthesize the theories and concepts from the readings, and how they influence reliability concepts.|
|Student is able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses about the Ability test and reflect on how this tool can be resourceful for the selected population.|
|Student is able to clearly explain, and support with appropriate reference/citation, the 2 questions related to the Maydeu-Olivares, et. al., article on reliability and the (3) different situations for testing their hypotheses and how these authors attribute the assumptions of normal and asymptotically distributions.|
|Student is able to clearly explain, and support with appropriate reference/citation, the 2 questions related to the Streiner article about the Cronbach’s alpha and the (4) myths that underlie a researcher’s use of the alpha to estimate reliability.|
|Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical organization; paragraphs and sentences are well developed. Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Meets (7 page) length requirements.|
|APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style. Provides references to support conclusions. Paraphrased correctly and accurately; direct quotes used minimally.|
The post Ability Assessment Evaluation appeared first on Smart Essays.